Well, we started to finish the basement. It was finished until we remodeled our kitchen & had to take ceilings down in the "cowboy" room-which really is the kids bunk/toy room. Also, since we brought up the washer & dryer to the main floor, that left that spot to be redone. No photos of that on my camera, only my cell phone & I havent sent them to the computer yet, but they will be coming. Anyways...here we go again.
Can you see the ceiling above Builder Mike's head...
See it start to go...
And there you have it...completely torn down in record breaking time!
One of the rooms with all the toys from the cowboy room
The other room has all the bedding & additional toys-I am gonna have to go thru all the toys before they go back in.
So here we have the closet of the room we are demolishing-
a short wall has already been torn down
Torn down sheet rock in the family room ready for me (the little buddy) who gets to take it upstairs to the garbage cans. I have gotten very well at packing sheetrock into the cans, it's amazing how much you can stack if it's in small enough pieces!
Builder Mike working on electrical-notice the walls are still in place.
Builder Mike contemplating on his next move, think, think, think...
This is the new arrangement of the bunkbeds.
It opens the room more & you even can see out the window.
Now you see it...
Now you don't...
Oh what a mess torn down sheetrock is!!!
And look it's all cleaned up, both cans are filled to the brim!
We have lots of plans for this room. No more closet or built in shelves. Just something that is more moveable-like stacking bins. The tv will be mounted to the wall & the vhs/dvd player will be recessed into the wall under the tv. Which means that it will take out a shelf in the bathroom closet behind this wall. Another room that will need to be repaired. That's ok, we are going to tile the entire basement floor-family room, bathroom, vanity area. New carpet for stairs & cowboy room. All new paint too, & we may panel a wall with hardwood flooring we already have.
So, let the work begin...
Hopefully I will keep up on this project with blogging more often!