Saturday, July 18, 2009

sheetrockin...

I did it again...got the photos in the wrong order, but I don't think it really matters much. This group of photos is the sheetrock hung, taped, and textured. There's also a long story that goes along with this.  I got two bids and went with the lower of the two (that seems reasonable). Well, unfortunately that was so the WRONG decision. The guy I hired had done the painting in our upstairs bedroom and bathroom last year. He told me he also did sheetrock too, his card even had sheetrocking and painting, so one would think he did this for  a living...well, I was wrong. I was at work when he came over. I will call him Hank (to protect the innocent), and he brought his brother (possibly/probably mentally handicapped, I'm actually being nice) to help. Remember I was at work and Builder Mike was dealing with these clowns on his own. They brought almost all of the sheetrock to be hung. Hank left his brother to hang the sheetrock, who knows where he went off to. What a mistake. Builder Mike was having a coronary just thinking how he wanted to fire these clowns. It was the worse hang job ever. I could have done a better job blindfolded!  All night Builder Mike was stressing as to how he would tell them they were fired.  First thing the next morning, Hank shows up with two gallons of paint (he was going to paint also when the taping and texturing was done). But the first thing he said to Builder Mike was "I quit!"  Builder Mike had to keep a straight face and asked how much we owe for the materials, and Hank felt so bed he couldn't finish the job that he couldn't charge us, and to think we were going to fire him anyways. It' s funny how things turn out. We hired the Muddy Boys and they did a terrific job in a timely manner.


See that little door? I don't like to have a corner cupboard with a lazy susan in it, so we made a door from the outside for storage, it will go between the cabinets from inside. It has a locking door. Once the cabinets are in, this will be easier to picture, I promise.




This is Nephi from the Muddy Boys, he's from San Diego but has lived in Utah for about 14 years. He's very good at taping sheetrock.




1 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's looking good!