Friday, March 5, 2010

Installing beadboard


This is what we woke up to this morning... Just when I thought we were heading into spring. I NEED warm weather!
I had no idea what was entailed when I requested to have bead board installed in our front room. Builder Mike chose to go with tongue-n-groove rather than paneling (I like the look of the tongue-n-groove much better, but had no idea how messy it would be). The sheetrock had to be taken down and plywood had to be installed for the bead board to be nailed to.




Builder Mike busy nailing up the boards. I'm staining each board with a white stain, but we have since decided to paint it after it is all installed. The staining is too washed out and uneven.
I'm going to love this room when it's done, but agian this is more work than I ever expected, but hey-isn't this whole project that way...It will be all so worth it when we are done. Still, I'm looking for a break to Lake Powell in May.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like another big mess, but it will be great when it is all finished!

Maggie and Heath said...

Looks good!! It will look great when you are done and painted!! Can't wait to see everything in June!!