Friday, March 6, 2009

Here we go again...

We got back from Lake Powell a week ago, had a few days to ourselves, and now we jumped right back into the next phase-THE KITCHEN. We had to first do a little shuffeling of the cabinets, fridge and table. Then Builder Mike got out his chainsaw (not really- his circular saw), and cut off the counter and cabinet next to the sink, leaving the drain pipe to the sink exposed. Next came the vinyl, subfloor, mantle and finally the fireplace. I will try to be better in posting photos more often of this phase than the last. I'm beginning to get really excited to getting a new kitchen, just how we want it exactly. 







I even remember writing our name in the concrete when our house was being built back in 1986.






Guess who took out most of the brick, subfloor and vinyl...yep, I'm the clean-up crew!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! You guys just jumped right in to that! I am glad I don't have to live in that mess, but it is going to look so good when you are done!

Anonymous said...

Where does all of this energy come from? AMAZING!