Friday, June 27, 2008

the bathrooms...






We have officially dc'd our bathroom upstairs. Mike had to cut the toilet drain in order to put the new sub-flooring down in the new area we are making (our vaulted air we are adding floor to). We took out the linen closet on the main floor and made the main floor bathroom probably double the size. We are not taking out the toilet or the tub, just new cabinets, tile flooring,& tile around the tub. It will look great! I'm thinking of white distressed cabinets (like what we are going to put in the kitchen) & gray-blue painted walls, & slate colored tiles. I need to you to comment on those colors...what do you think? Since the bathroom is now coming off the front room, I'm going to be painting that room a very pale yellow to match the sofas I found at RCWilley, so I hope they don't clash to much.

1 comments:

Cub Scout Troop 1492 said...

Barb, that sounds great. The colors, I think, will go well. Slate is definitely an "in" thing right now. The thing I like about it is that it isn't slippery, like other types of rock/tile. I think the distressed white cabinets will compliment the floor. . .And of course, my favorite color is "yellow" :)