Friday, January 15, 2010

TILING THE BACKSPLASH!!!


Oh YAY, we are almost done...well kinda. The backsplash in the kitchen is finally in. Builder Mike did a fantastic job of installing. Over 600 tile cuts. We set the tile saw in the dining room and away he went. We went with a warm brown ceramic tile with 2 inch recycled glass tiles, and a cream grout. It just makes the kitchen, I just love it!






OK, I'll tell you what's left to do before inviting everyone over: painting (the painter is scheduled this weekend), subfloor, hardwood flooring (it's in the front room waiting to be installed), carpeting the stairs and landing (also in the front room-we bought it when we did our family room 2 yrs ago), beadboard to the front room, baseboards. Oh yeah...I need new furniture for the front room, a chair for the dining room, an area rug for under our table when moved to it's official home in the dining room, some kind of window covering for our sliding glass door. Oh yeah- hang all the lamps (in the front room too).
Some may ask "what will you do after this project?" Well...we still have the basement-the ceiling and a few walls were torn up for the main floor electrical and plumbing. There's also my craft room, main floor bathroom, and Builder Mikes office. We also have a deck to build and I would really like to get a hot tub for the yard too. In our other spare time we have 3 trips to Lake Powell, 2 trips to Arizona and 2 trips to Oregon and a trip out to So Dak to see all the girls and my grandbabies, all this year!!! I also work full time and trying to pick up extras at work to help pay for this "new" house. I'm almost finished with this semester of the BSN program, I'm hoping to be done the end of Feb. I'm taking a few months off and then restarting up in August. Builder Mike is still looking for work, but when the house is done he will probably do ebay full time (we have lots of treasures to sell). Well, I'll try to post next week when the floor goes in.

2 comments:

jen said...

I LOVE the tile! Really completes the look. Great job!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your house looks like it should be in the Parade of Homes!