Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The end is near...

Hi friends;
I know it has been a while since I have posted anything. I have had no ME time since we got home from Oregon 6 weeks ago. Elizabeth & her 3 kids (Garrett 7, Gracie 3, & Jack 2) have moved into the demolition/reconstruction zone, & there is very little open space. They will be here until the day after Thanksgiving, when Richard flys home & all of them will move to their new adventure in Arizona. I know once the kids leave I will miss them dreadfully, so, I bite the bullet(or at least I do try) & enjoy all this time with the kids. They can't hurt too many things-but they can get into all kinds of construction stuff, wet paint, etc...
The remodeling is coming along.....we, or rather I made a major mistake with the paint. I found what I thought was paint from our previous project (an off-white, just so subtle), but really the paint I found we have no idea where it came from, anyways, I took it to Home dePot & had 5 gallons of SEMI-GLOSS WHITE paint made up, & all the other paint to a SEMI-GLOSS to match. WHAT WAS I THINKING... anyways, after the painter painted the whole project with this SEMI-GLOSS paint, the rooms GLOWED with shine. The painter also screwed up... he used a cheap roller & left nap all over all the GLOSSY walls. Anyways, to make the story short...the painters friend came out to the house today & saw the bad walls & told us they would fix it. So, I bought new egg-shell finish paint for the bedroom & front room walls, & corrected satin white paint for the ceilings, moldings, & bathroom. So this mistake cost me more paint & a little more for them to respray all the white, & they will sand the walls of the front room & bedroom for free(it WAS the painters fault, he made the mistake by trying to finish fast by using a crummy roller-leaving his nap all over). So the next time I post I will have finished room pictures. This project is so close to being done, & we want it to look as good as the family room (we finished that a year ago). At this rate, I think maybe the main floor might be done for next Christmas. We have left to still do is- tile the bathroom, insert the tub & toilet, cabinet, install the wood floor to our bedroom & insert the closet we are having built. Oh my, it still sounds like a lot of work. I think we will need a vacation to Lake Powell the first of the year just to unwind. It's my one of my favorite time of year to go-no one is there, why should they, it's not really warm, but it's QUIET!

1 comments:

Leah said...

I was wondering where you've been!