Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Garden & stuff

This is my vegetable garden-4 tomato plants, along the west side of my yard; a honeysuckle plant on both sides. Really, I don't have a lot of free time, & these are pretty easy, other than an occasional pinching off of shoots here & there & watering.

This is for Jennifer- see how I just snipped off the top of the plant, just above the last flowers, & also notice the pinch off between the main stem of the plant & the branch.

Another view of a pinch off. This helps the plant concentrate on making bigger & better tomatoes(sure, sounds good to me!).
This next photo is of the window sill in the new family room. Builder Mike layed/laid the tile in the fall & we just never got around to grouting it. Well, last Sat, I took a tiling class at Home Depot, I thought...Hey this doesn't look too hard...Well...those HD guys sure make it look simple. It was a little more tricky than I was expecting, but it turned out ok. I'm sure not giving up my day job to become a tiler, that's for sure. I'm definitely looking forward to Jenn & Aaron coming at Thanksgiving to help with all the tile we are going to be doing- the shower, sink, floor, around tub & partially on the wall.


OK- This is my artsy picture. The sun was shining on the little red flowers & I was hoping to catch it just right without Photoshop.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Your garden looks great! Someday I need to start gardening!

jen said...

Great pictures. I will try and see what I can do with my tomato plants...it might be too late. Thanks for the tips!